Avenues Event


photos of Cotton Museum Oak Wood Historic Oak View County Park
images from
http://www.designdimension.com/projects/cotton-museum-historic-oak-view-county-park
 
I was fortunate enough to have my mock interview with Mike Cindric, Project Manager at Design Dimensions.  I was not previously familiar with Design Dimensions.  I found out that they do custom fabrication, exhibit design, and all sorts of other special projects (like the enclosure for Watson, the computer on Jeopardy).  I was excited to hear about their focus on fabrication because physically making things is important to me and is something that I hope to incorporate into my career.  Mr. Cindric spoke to me about his background in art and sculpture and how it had led him to become involved with Design Dimensions through a search for studio space.  I shared my background in art, also sculpture, that included my time as a student at UNC Chapel Hill where Mr. Cindric had taught art.  I also found out that Mr. Cindric had partnered with Vinny Petrarca of Tonic Design on the Lowes Pavilion at the North Carolina Museum of Art.  I am a fan of Tonic's work and was especially intrigued with this collaboration.  I had seen the pavilion online and this meeting only increased my desire to see it in person.

No comments: